Dungeon Digger

Where everything has begun
The time is 29 May 2017, 00:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: OpenDungeonKeeper
New postPosted: 08 Apr 2008, 15:25 
Noob

I'm sad to say I've decided to take up work on this project, started about a week ago. There are several reasons for this:

1) Tom and Arthy both have exams to get through, and understandably dont have time to invest. I wish both of you good luck with them, I'm sure you'll do fantastically Wink.

2) ODK is programmed in C#. I'm a C# programmer, and while I can't do C++ I can do quite alot in my home code language, so it makes more sense for me personally to join ODK. ODK is also designed for XP, as all the developers are XP users, and uses direct x rather than OpenGL. I need to learn DirectX for other reasons, and so once more this represents a reason for me to change to ODK.

3) They are making a single player system, which I believe will show results faster and is more realistic for the time available the developers have.

I won't just be doing code though, and will continue to make 3d models. Both games are very similar, so I'm sure you will be able to find a use for the models as I produce them. As a result, I hope I can still be of use to Dungeon Digger.

Many thanks!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: OpenDungeonKeeper
New postPosted: 19 Oct 2008, 18:08 
Noob

What about OpenDungeons?

Forum and Screenshots.

New postPosted: 21 Oct 2008, 21:14 
Contributor

It is another project. I feel like repeating myself. But in this project we take DK as a base, but we want to change things, and not stick to DK rules and gameplay.

New postPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 10:31 
Noob

Tom wrote:
It is another project. I feel like repeating myself. But in this project we take DK as a base, but we want to change things, and not stick to DK rules and gameplay.

Well, how about first make dk game and than change it to likes and dislikes? I think that on this develop speed there is no time to waste on thinking up new things as the old still don't work.

Anyway.

OTHER IDEA!
We need a level editort to make some first levels for singel player. This would get people intrested in the project to ensure you get support from more people. That ofcourse we can dicide where to go whit the project. I'm readdy to do the grapic stuff but i think making an edit program for levels is too hard for me. Doesn't have to be big but your game has to be able to load it. I saw on the screenshots this program may already exist but i would like to see that too open source if you guys agree...

P.S.: I can do userinterface aswell, but i can't figure out how to script the game fullscreen. On Win7 i got this small little dungeon whits is as boring as it get's Wink

-update userinterface
-update 3d models
-start making levels!

New postPosted: 20 Feb 2010, 13:29 
Contributor

We don't need a level editor, because we won't do a sigle mode, and the map is randomly generated. The system is supposed to link different maps through portals.

New postPosted: 20 Feb 2010, 14:51 
Noob

Tom wrote:
We don't need a level editor, because we won't do a sigle mode, and the map is randomly generated. The system is supposed to link different maps through portals.

Dude no singel? How you ever have the luck that 2 people connect whit eactother? You don't have any masterserver or whatever...

-update userinterface
-update 3d models
-start making levels!

New postPosted: 05 Aug 2010, 10:02 
Contributor

The game is not READY.