Dungeon Digger

Where everything has begun
The time is 29 May 2017, 00:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 Posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: First try at textures
New postPosted: 01 Aug 2008, 09:25 
Contributor

This is true actually... Very Happy

However for the rest of the project... I unfortunately al my data recently, including working versions of many thing (and including my thesis that I manages to retrieve). So I don't have my blender files anymore.

Profile Send private message  

New postPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 16:47 
Noob

I know this sounds hard and i donīt mean it that way, but you did texture work for nothing. I mean is really good, and u needed texturs, but why not the DK2 textures? Those are just a little better, probebly because they should be. I donīt mean this is too ugly or something like that, itīs just .... Why not? Who cares if the textures are about the same of those from DK2? Really! This game doesnīt have to end differend than DK. Dk was great, is gone and people want more. If u publish it whit DK2 textures the wont be sad...
Itīs abandonware and i got the textures... All needed is there i just failed doing it the simple way. I made the Dk2 textures 64X64 pixels and than gave them the same name. (I tryed on the floor tile.) But after overriding old textures the game made the texture all blue. Probebly a layer problem, the layer of the player color came on top. There was an acctual hole in the middle of the tile just as the original. I need some help here. How to do it?

Please just say if you donīt like the idea but i think we really should. We can ofcours alter them, but if the looks get a upgrade things just role so mutch smoother...

Whit good meanings...

EDIT: Never mind itīs done! I got the textures working in the game. Next is to select whitch to replace. Oviiously the floor. That is the one i tested on and it works whit the collor of the player in the middle too. I got the following textures of DK2:
- The floors in all colors (the textures had player color included)
- lava (i like your lave too so not needed)
- water (nice already)
- Mana source (NEEDS TO BE MADE!! someone help me out whit that!) (It seems to work same as i discribed whit the floors of DK2)
- Gold an diamonds (Gold no need i think.. But if you like...)
- Just some rock fog and that stuff.

- ALSO i have ALL the icons AND MORE!!!!

Iīm looking for the room textures we defenetly need those... I donīt think i can get those. Iīs just too hard. But I will try anyway.

an other EDIT:

HOLY #####!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Exclamation Exclamation
I hit the jacpot!!! I now got EVERYTING!!!!! Smile UNIMAGENABLE EVERYTHING of DK2!! Very Happy ! all files needed to make the nice moving DK2 hand All creature stuff just every source file. I got probebly all sounds as KMF files. Now i got everything Mr. Green .... Arrow
but 1 group..... I havenīt found room textures jet..... Crying or Very sad But Iīm not done searching! Twisted Evil

I found the texturs and all other stuff like 3d modeld in a .dat file in DK2. I got hte .dat unpacked but i canīt open the files whitch are compiled whit an unkown algorythm... no fileextencion given,no way to get the rest off the stuff.... Iīm sad i tryed for hours..................... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

-update userinterface
-update 3d models
-start making levels!

New postPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 19:25 
Noob

Here is the new floor tile i made. Based on a DK2 floor tile... It works 120% nice... Mr. Green
Attachment:
floor_m.png

floor_m.png [ 4.88 KB | Viewed 549 times ]

-update userinterface
-update 3d models
-start making levels!

New postPosted: 20 Feb 2010, 13:17 
Contributor

OK Stop. We do not intend to do a copy of Dungeon Keeper (either 1 or 2). We want to do ANOTHER game, based on it. A DK-like if you prefer.
So we DON'T want a copy of DK textures. Moreover these textures and models etc. are licensed by Bullfrog. We cannot use their work. We use the GPL licence, that means our files must be free.

Concerning the 3D models, we use 3D Studio files (3DS). If we want to use another file format we have to write another parser. If you are able to do 3D models in another format (not just copying existing models), just write the parser, or give me the precise specifications.

New postPosted: 20 Feb 2010, 14:47 
Noob

Tom wrote:
OK Stop. We do not intend to do a copy of Dungeon Keeper (either 1 or 2). We want to do ANOTHER game, based on it. A DK-like if you prefer.
So we DON'T want a copy of DK textures. Moreover these textures and models etc. are licensed by Bullfrog. We cannot use their work. We use the GPL licence, that means our files must be free.

Concerning the 3D models, we use 3D Studio files (3DS). If we want to use another file format we have to write another parser. If you are able to do 3D models in another format (not just copying existing models), just write the parser, or give me the precise specifications.

Ok well i think .gmax files are useless

I'm not good enough at scripting to write a file read system in the game for some other extension. But as it looks now there are enough posibilitys on the internet.

EDIT:
I can't seem to open the .3ds files in eighter blender 64 bit or 3ds studio max 2010 64 bit.
Plz help me out, i need to have model sizes to know what fit's in the game.

-update userinterface
-update 3d models
-start making levels!

Last edited by Niels on 21 Feb 2010, 12:55, edited 1 time in total

New postPosted: 20 Feb 2010, 14:54 
Noob

By the way. Don't make the hand 3d. It can look far nicer 2d. You see the hand always whit the same vieuw so there is no need to make it 3D...

-update userinterface
-update 3d models
-start making levels!

New postPosted: 05 Aug 2010, 09:57 
Contributor

It's 2D, but 3D can be useful. For example to see the depth, etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 Posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7